1. WINTER GUARD - Congratulations to Winter Guard on 4th place yesterday in the WGASC Scholastic A division! Gahr High School will be performing in the 2017 WGASC Championships TODAY at the UCI Bren Events Center at 12:23PM! Gahr is one of 15 high schools in the Scholastic A division that moved on to today's championships. Tickets are $25 and UCI charges $10 per vehicle for parking in the Mesa Parking Structure. Here is the schedule: https://wgasc.org/calendar-event/2017-wgasc-championships-2/
2. WINTER DRUMLINE - Congratulations to the Winter Drumline on a great season with our 2017 production, "The Traveler." After making the top 12 out of more than 50 groups in the Scholastic A division, the drumline ultimately placed 9th at SCPA Finals at Citizen's Bank Arena last weekend! Thank you to the incredible drumline parents and instructional staff who helped make this season a success!
3. MARDI GRAS DINNER & DANCE 5/13 - Each student is responsible to sell a minimum of two (2) tickets for the event and donate one basket item (assigned by section). Tickets can only be purchased online through Ticketleap: https://gahrband.ticketleap.com/mardi-gras/. BASKET ITEMS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 5TH. Please donate one item that fits into the following basket theme sorted by student’s instrument/section:
- FLUTES/DOUBLE-REEDS: “Harry Potter Basket” including 2 Universal Studio Tickets (Harry Potter themed items, books, blu-rays, action figures, Harry Potter clothing or wands, etc.)
- CLARINETS/LOW BRASS: “Entertainment” (games, movies - Blu-Rays/DVDs, movie tickets, iTunes gift cards, restaurant gift cards, GameStop gards, bowling, etc.)
- HIGH BRASS/SAXOPHONES: “Candy” (king-sized candy, M&Ms, Skittles, Reese's, See’s gift certificates, novelty GIANT candy, candy at the mall gift card)
- ALL PERCUSSION: “Coffee/Tea” (coffee beans, tea, Keurig machine/accessories, K-cups, mugs, Starbucks/Coffee Bean gift cards, hot chocolate, cookies/snacks)
- COLOR GUARD: “Beauty/Spa Basket” (spa/massage gift cards, manicure/pedicure gift cards, cosmetics, bath products, lotions, Ulta/Sephora gift cards)
4. WIND ENSEMBLE & CONCERT BAND UPDATE - Now that drumline is over, we will be switching the normal day for Wind Ensemble rehearsals to MONDAYS from 3:00-5:30PM and Concert/Combined Band rehearsals to THURSDAYS from 3:00-5:30PM. Please make sure you're practicing all the music you have for the Area Concert and End-of-Year Concert. Thank you for your flexibility!
5. JAZZ BAND 5/13 - On Saturday, May 13th, the Jazz Band has two performances - in the morning at the Riverside Community College Jazz Festival and in the evening at the Mardi Gras Dinner & Dance! We will have a more detailed itinerary for the day soon, but are planning to provide bussing, attend at least one masterclass, and provide some meals during the day. Here is the current schedule for the festival:
6. ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE. All students must complete an Athletic Clearance Packet available from Dulce Caldwell in the front office of the school. As part of the clearance, students must get a physical exam (available for $10 from the walk-in clinic across from Gahr HS that usually takes 10 minutes). CLEARANCE PACKETS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 12TH.
7. WE STILL HAVE A FEW STUDENTS IN WINTER GUARD AND WINTER DRUMLINE WHO ARE NOT CAUGHT UP ON PAYMENTS. This is critical for us to be able to pay our instructional staff for their work. If you do not know your current balance, please email our Treasurer, Charyl Mendiola or Co-President, Dee Dee Varney. Checks are made payable to "Gahr Band Boosters" or you can pay online.
8. OUTSTANDING FUNDRAISERS - THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO TURN IN PAST DUE FUNDRAISERS BEFORE YOUR ACCOUNT IS CHARGED. This includes Crunch Fitness, Carl’s Jr. Coupon Books, and Community Discount Cards. Please contact Vice-President, Leah Walker, if you are not sure if you have fulfilled your obligation with any of these fundraisers. Thank you!
6:44AM Jazz Band - Reading new tunes
3:00-5:00PM Wind Ensemble (Finish "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas," read "Wicked")
6:44AM Jazz Band
No Jazz Band
6:44AM Jazz Band
9:00AM-12:00PM Engineering Day (student-run music booth)
3:00-5:30PM Combined Band
6:44AM Jazz Band
5/5 Basket Item Donation Due for Mardi Gras
5/9 Ticket Sales Deadline for Mardi Gras
5/10 Jazz Band @ ABCUSD Employee Breakfast
Gahr Area Concert @ 6:30PM in Gym!
5/12 Athletic Packets Due
5/13 Jazz Band at RCC Jazz Festival
Mardi Gras Dinner and Dance!
5/16-18 Color Guard & Percussion Workshops
5/25 Cerritos College Honor Band Concert!
6/1 End-of-Year BBQ & Concert!
6/4 Awards Banquet!
6/6-8 Color Guard & Percussion Workshops
6/7 Mandatory New Student/Parent Info Meeting!
6/20-22 Marching Band Workshops (Winds & Percussion)