Thank you for making the inaugural Gahr Invitational Field Tournament a huge success! The day ran smoothly, participating bands were greeted warmly by our students and parents, and spectators enjoyed themselves watching in the stands and visiting the concessions and vendors. The Gahr Invitational Field Tournament wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work and donations of countless people who helped organize ahead of time, work during the event, and clean up afterwards. It was a group effort from the committee planning to the volunteers working it. Thank you for making this day possible!
I heard great things from many of the band directors. I wanted to share a couple of them with you:
- “Every facet of the running of the show was superior from the moment our trucks and busses arrived until our departure. You, the students, and the boosters honestly surpassed my experiences at all other contests. You did it in your first time out... simply amazing.”
- “The packaging of the students on first impression was such a fine reflection on your school. Beyond that, they were well-spoken, polite and helpful. I have never had student guides that left me with such an impression of being invested in Hoover's success. Thank you to each of them.”
- “Every single GHS Booster that we met was friendly and helpful. From the parking lot, to the warm-up zone, to the director's tent, your boosters were gracious hosts. They made the experience that much more enjoyable.”
- “Thank you for letting us pre-set the props. AWESOME! That was a HUGE burden of worry lifted from my shoulders. That was such a thoughtful gesture. I cannot express how much that meant to me.”
- “I really appreciated that you played the National Anthem and recognized in a very public way why we had the day off to worry about such things as competitive marching band. Thank you for inviting the Marine to the ceremony, and thank you for playing our National Anthem- and playing it so well. Clearly, your students took pride in their musicianship.”
On top of rehearsal and volunteering, our students did an incredible job performing and had their strongest show yet! We have one more rehearsal tomorrow 3-5PM to continue cleaning and refining the show. I look forward to seeing you this Saturday at California State Band Championship Semi-Finals at El Modina High School.
Of course, there are things that could go better. I am interested in hearing your suggestions and ideas on areas we need to improve. Please join us at our next booster meeting on Wednesday, December 2nd when we’ll be debriefing the field show tournament and planning our upcoming events.
I truly appreciate your support and for making the Gahr Instrumental Music Program a class-act and could not be prouder of our students, parents, and alumni.
Thank you again!
- Mr. Loney