Students must wear athletic clothes, athletic/tennis shoes (no sandals or converse), sunscreen, and a hat. Students must bring a 1-gallon water jug. These are non-negotiable items and student without these will be sent home. Eat a good breakfast every morning and arrive early. Bring $5 to receive a "hot" lunch from the boosters each day (or $60 for all 12 lunches in advance). You may also bring your own sack lunch.
All rehearsals begin promptly each morning in the Gahr High School Band Room (703). During Band Camp, students learn basics and fundamentals necessary for our competitive field show. This includes warm-up routines, exercises, marching techniques, and music and drill for our field show. All Band, Percussion, and Color Guard members MUST ATTEND SUMMER BAND CAMP to be admitted into the field show for the fall semester. Let Mr. Loney know immediately if this is a problem. We perform shortly after the school year starts, and it is very difficult to catch up after missing 100 hours of instruction. All outstanding donations must be paid BEFORE you can participate in Band Camp.
There is a MANDATORY PARENT MEETING this Wednesday, August 12th at 6:30 p.m. in the Gahr High School MPR. Parents will receive this year's Band Handbook and important information for the fall season, meet our incredible booster board, including donations and volunteer we need to make our field season successful! Thank you in advance for supporting your student with what they love to do.
2015 Band Camp Newsletter
Band Camp Lunch Menu
Sign Up for Remind
2015 Sponsorship Letter
Sponsorship Letter Instructions
BRING BACK FILLED OUT:
2015-16 Consent to Participate
Booster Membership Form
Authorization to Photograph
2015 Field Show Production - "Under Construction"
Use This Weekend To Prepare:
- Go outside and get used to the heat. Go for a jog, ride your bike, and play outside this weekend!
- HYDRATE. Remember to drink water/gatorade 24 hours BEFORE. During Band Camp you should be going through a 1-gallon water jug every 4 hour block.
- Go to bed early and set your alarm and wake up early so you can get used to the Band Camp schedule.
- You MUST eat breakfast and lunch. If you don't put gas in the car it won't run! Give yourself time each morning to eat so you aren't rushed.
- Finish any summer assignments & reading this weekend so you don't have to worry about it during Band Camp.
We're very excited about this year's production and are gearing up for a great Band Camp! Have a great weekend and see you on Monday.