All students in the Battery and Front Ensemble have Percussion Mini-Camp this Monday-Wednesday, August 3rd-5th from 8AM to 5PM each day at Gahr High School. This is mandatory for all students in the battery & front ensemble. Make are you have read the Summer Newsletter so you are well-prepared for rehearsal. We will be continuing warm ups, technique, and begin learning music for our 2015 field show production. Make sure you hydrate and eat a good breakfast before you arrive each day. Wear comfortable clothing, tennis/athletic shoes, and a hat. Bring $5 if you want the boosters to get you lunch or you can bring your own sack lunch. Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes early so we can start on time. If you have any friends who you want to be in percussion for the 2015 Gahr Marching Gladiators, this is their last chance to show up before all the spots are filled!!
DCI BIG, LOUD & LIVE THIS THURSDAY, AUGUST 6TH
This Thursday, August 6th is DCI Big, Loud & Live - a live broadcast in the cinemas of the 2015 Drum Corps International Quarter-Finals from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis! A large group of us will be meeting for lunch at Islands Burgers at 1:00 p.m. the Long Beach Town Center before seeing the broadcast at the Edwards Long Beach Stadium 26 (7501 East Carson Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90808). This event typically sells out - so it is recommended to buy your tickets ahead of time: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/dci-big-loud-and-live-12. See you at Islands at 1PM!
WINDS & COLOR GUARD - There is only 1 more week before we meet up with the percussion for Band Camp starting Monday, August 10th! Please use this week to prepare:
- Play through your warm ups, field show music, and sight-read! Look online for music to read for your instrument. Remember we will be having wind placements during Band Camp to determine which ensemble you will be in for the entire year.
- Go outside and get used to the heat. Get off the couch and go for a jog, ride your bike, or play outside with your friends!
- HYDRATE! Remember to drink water 24 hours before you're outside. During Band Camp you should be going through a gallon water jug every 4 hour block.
- You must eat breakfast and throughout the day. If you don't put gas in the car it won't run!
- Start going to bed early and setting your alarm to get ready for Percussion Mini-Camp and Band Camp.
- Finish any summer assignments & reading this week so you don't have to worry about it during Band Camp.
- RETURNERS: Take some time to think about how YOU want the season to be. Lead by example at all times and be ready to have our best & most productive Band Camp yet!