All current students must complete an Athletic Clearance Packet by June 19th. Packets are available from Dulce Caldwell in the front office during normal school business hours. As part of the clearance, students must get a physical exam (available for approximately $15 from the walk-in clinic across from Gahr HS that usually takes only 5-10 minutes). If you do not turn in a clearance packet, you will not have the correct schedule and will not be allowed to participate.
Updated information has been posted for our 2019 Hawaii Trip: www.gahrband.org/hawaii. Please turn in your deposit of $200 by this Friday, June 8th. This is used to gauge the interest level for traveling and is refundable if the trip does not happen. Please make checks payable to "Gahr Band Boosters," or click here to pay the deposit online.
See Drum Corps LIVE at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on Saturday, June 30th! If you like watching marching bands, this will blow you away! Group tickets are just $20/person. Please turn in your money directly to Mr. Loney ASAP or click here to pay online.
All battery, front ensemble, and freshmen band students have a three-day Mini-Camp from August 1-3. All percussionists have rehearsal July 9th and 11th from 1-8PM both days. Color Guard students have a Mini-Camp from June 25-27th and July 16-18th from 4-8PM each day. The most current calendar is always available on our website at: www.gahrband.org/calendar.
Band Camp for everyone (including Color Guard) starts on Monday, August 6th. Band Camp is MANDATORY for all students to participate in the fall production.
SAVE THE DATE: The 4th Annual Gahr Invitational Field Tournament is on Saturday, October 13, 2018! We currently have 14 marching bands registered. This is a huge undertaking and we need all hands on deck for this to be successful. Please plan on being there to help!
BAND CAMP PACKET:
Make sure you've read through the Band Camp Newsletter and have these forms filled out to bring in August.
- 2018 Band Camp Newsletter
- 2018 Band Camp Schedule
- ABCUSD Consent to Participate
- Parent Volunteer Form
- Booster Membership Form
- Authorization to Photograph
- Sign Up for Remind
- Hawaii 2019 Itinerary
TWO GREAT WAYS TO RAISE MONEY:
- Field Show Program Ads - Earn 100% of the profit from all field show ad sales. The ad prices range from $25 to $175. Many local businesses are looking for ways to advertise to the community. Some parents have already sold over four ads for next year's program!
- Student Sponsorship Letter - 100% of the money sponsorships goes directly to your student account. These take a few hours to complete and mail out, but the return on investment is HUGE if you can make $400-500! This is a great way your family and loved ones can help support. Click here for instructions.
STAY IN CONTACT
In addition to email, the Gahr Instrumental Music Program uses Remind, Facebook, and our website as primary ways to stay informed.
- Sign up for Remind text messages! Text “@gahrband” to “81010”
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gahrband
- Bookmark our website: www.gahrband.org
- Make sure you've turned in your completed Athletic Clearance Packet to Dulce in the front office.
- Get your band camp gear: 1-gallon water jug, sunscreen, athletic clothing and shoes, hat (no visors), black 3-ring binder with sheet protectors.
- Make your first payment of $150.00 to “Gahr Band Boosters” in the Drop Box in the Band Room, or mail it to Gahr Instrumental Music, 11111 Artesia Blvd., Cerritos 90703. You can also pay this online.
- Practice your warm ups, field show music, and wind audition packet. The summer is also a great time to start taking private music lessons to get ahead!