All students must complete an Athletic Clearance Packet by June 19th. Packets are available from Dulce Caldwell in the front office during normal school business hours. As part of the clearance, students must get a physical exam (available for approximately $15 from the walk-in clinic across from Gahr HS that usually takes only 5-10 minutes). If you do not turn in a clearance packet, you will not have the correct schedule and will not be allowed to participate.
Band & Percussion Workshops are Tuesday, June 19th & Thursday, June 21st from 5-8PM in the Gahr HS Band Room (102). Please arrive at 4:30PM so we can check you in. Workshops are mandatory for all wind players and percussionists (no color guard) and where your student will learn warm ups, receive music for the field show, and reserve their spot in our 2018 production! We will also be auditioning students in the battery (marching snare, tenors, bass) and front ensemble (mallet instruments, electronics, concert percussion).
Color Guard students have a Mini-Camp from June 25-27th and July 16-18th from 4-8PM each day. All percussionists have a Mini-Camp on July 9th and 11th from 1-8PM both days (bring $5 for dinner). All battery, front ensemble, and freshmen band students (no color guard) have a three-day Mini-Camp from August 1-3. Band Camp for everyone (including Color Guard) starts on Monday, August 6th. Band Camp is MANDATORY for all students to participate in the fall production.
Updated information has been posted for the 2019 Hawaii Band Trip! If you have not turned in your deposit of $200, please get this in ASAP if you want to be included in the trip. Please make checks payable to "Gahr Band Boosters," or click here to pay the deposit online.
On Sunday, June 24th, the Gahr Marching Gladiators will be participating in a parade and concert for the 95th “Festa do Divino Espirito Santo.” This is for current band students and graduating band seniors only (no incoming freshmen or color guard please). We will have one rehearsal the day before, on Saturday, June 23rd, from 9AM-4PM. Bring $5 for pizza lunch. Makes sure you hydrate because we will be marching outside throughout the day to prepare for the parade. Please bring your flip-folder and lyre. In addition to the parade, you will also need your concert binder (with End-of-Year music) for a sit-down performance. Attire for the parade is the “Gahr Band” black polo shirt, jeans, and athletic shoes. You will need to carpool to this event and bring your instrument, flip-folder, and concert music/binder. THANK YOU!!
SAVE THE DATE: The 4th Annual Gahr Invitational Field Tournament is on Saturday, October 13, 2018! We currently have 14 marching bands registered. This is a huge undertaking and we need all hands on deck for this to be successful. Please plan on being there to help!
BAND CAMP PACKET:
Make sure you've read through the Band Camp Newsletter and have these forms filled out to bring in August.
- 2018 Band Camp Newsletter Contains important info!
- 2018 Band Camp Schedule
- ABCUSD Consent to Participate
- Parent Volunteer Form
- Booster Membership Form
- Authorization to Photograph
- Sign Up for Remind
- Hawaii 2019 Itinerary
TWO GREAT WAYS TO RAISE MONEY:
- Field Show Program Ads - Earn 100% of the profit from all field show ad sales. The ad prices range from $25 to $175. Many local businesses are looking for ways to advertise to the community. Some parents have already sold over four ads for next year's program!
- Student Sponsorship Letter - 100% of the money sponsorships goes directly to your student account. These take a few hours to complete and mail out, but the return on investment is HUGE if you can make $400-500! This is a great way your family and loved ones can help support.
STAY IN CONTACT
In addition to email, the Gahr Instrumental Music Program uses Remind, Facebook, and our website as primary ways to stay informed.
- Sign up for Remind text messages! Text “@gahrband” to “81010”
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gahrband
- Bookmark our website: www.gahrband.org
- Make sure you've turned in your completed Athletic Clearance Packet to Dulce in the front office.
- Get your band camp gear: 1-gallon water jug, sunscreen, athletic clothing and shoes, hat (no visors), black 3-ring binder with sheet protectors.
- Make your first payment of $150.00 to “Gahr Band Boosters” in the Drop Box in the Band Room, or mail it to Gahr Instrumental Music, 11111 Artesia Blvd., Cerritos 90703. You can also pay this online.
- Turn in your Hawaii Deposit of $200. Click here to pay the deposit online.
- Practice your warm ups, field show music, and wind audition packet. The summer is also a great time to start taking private music lessons to get ahead!