We have our final two rehearsals - today, Tuesday 7/2 from 5-8PM and Wednesday 7/3 from 1-4PM. On Wednesday, all students need to bring their pre-packed carry-on bag, and we will be packing instruments and percussion equipment AFTER REHEARSAL. The parent chaperones will be doing a bag check for proper dimensions, liquids under 3.4oz, and no illegal substances or items. Please read below for final reminders and information so you are well-prepared for the trip.
We leave early morning on THURSDAY, JULY 4TH - CALL TIME IS 5:15AM in the Gahr High School Band Room. Set multiple alarms and give your Hawaii roommates a wake up call. THE BUS WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE LATE. It is recommended NOT to leave your car at school during the trip.
- Final Itinerary
- Packing List
- Emergency Contacts
- Rooming List
- Bring Photo ID
- Wear your Hawaii t-shirt on Thursday morning (travel days)
- Bring your black music binder - organized with plastic pages.
- Bring everything you need for your instrument (reeds, mouthpiece, ligature, valve oil, etc.)
- You may only bring one carry on bag (maximum: 9" x 14" x 22") and one personal bag that fits under the seat in front of you (i.e. backpack, messenger bag, purse)
- Make sure you have your black polo shirt, black dress pants, black belt, long black socks & black marching shoes for the performances.
- Every bag must have a luggage tag on it (we will be doing this on Wednesday after rehearsal).
- Liquids, toothpaste, deodorant must be in a 3.4oz container in a ziplock bag
- All prescription medication must be properly identified with correct labels
- Bring spending money for food and souvenirs (group photo on USS Missouri is $10)
- Bring phone chargers. Leave unnecessary valuables at home (computers, jewelry, etc.).
- Make sure you have your roommate's and chaperone's cell numbers in your phone.
- Download the WorldStrides app and open this link to get the latest itinerary.
- There are no boys allowed in the girls' rooms or floor. There are no girls allowed in the boys' rooms or floor. Anyone breaking this rule will be sent home at your parents' expense.
- You must be in your room at room check. You may not open your door for any reason after lights out. If the door is opened at night, the entire room will be sent home at the parents' expense.
- Be respectful to tour guides and parent chaperones at all times. Directions & instructions will typically come from Mr. Loney, our Tour Director, or a student leader.
- This trip is a huge privilege! You are representing our music program, Gahr High School, and ABCUSD at all times. Don't do anything that would make yourself or the Gahr Instrumental Music Program look bad. Students must abide by the ABCUSD code of conduct at all times.
We're looking forward to a fun, exciting, and memorable trip!!