1. End-of-Year Concert - Thank you to all the friends, family, teachers, and alumni who came to our End-of-Year Concert last Thursday! We had outstanding performances from the Jazz Band and combined Concert Band! Thank you to our amazing booster parents who helped with selling concessions!
2. Rotation Pep Rally - We had great performances by the Color Guard and Jazz Band at last Friday's pep rally! Congratulations to Eric Dimayuga and Evan Duarte on their nominations for Gladiators of the Year, and to Mr. Loney for being named the 2014-2015 Teacher of the Year.
3. Winter Drumline Potluck / Movie Night - Thank you to all the 2015 winter drumline students and family members who came to hang out for our potluck & movie night!
4. Awards Banquet - We had a great turn out celebrating an incredible year for the Gahr Instrumental Music Program with our biggest banquet yet! A HUGE thank you to our banquet committee and to all the students, families, and instructional staff that made it a special day. Congratulations to our new student leadership: Makia Thomas - Color Guard Captain, Tyler Mendiola & Michael Alba - Assistant Drum Majors, Manuel Reyes - Head Drum Major! We would also like to congratulate our outgoing booster board/chairs & welcome our incoming board/chars for 2015-16: President - Deanna Varney, Vice-President - Michelle Kibic, Secretary - Charyl Mendiola, Co-Treasurers - Mike Alba & Karen Kasumi, Events Coordinator - Linda Stockwell, Equipment Managers - Larry Barcelos, Ignacio Reyes & Frank Camacho, Uniform Manager - Prisca Alba, Drumline Representative & Parent Coordinator - Mike Stockwell, Color Guard Representative - Makeba Thomas!
5. Ross Showcase - Great job at the Ross Showcase at Whitney High School this past Monday! We had great performances by the Jazz Band, Concert Band, and combined pieces from Ross and Gahr! Way to go students on sight-reading music that day for the concert :)
6. Color Guard Workshops - This past week we had Color Guard Workshops from Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and had over 25 students in attendance! The new students did a great learning how to dance & spin. Thank you to the parents that helped with the Ice Cream Social on Thursday. It's not too late to recruit more students for the color guard, band, or percussion - Just have them come to this Wednesday's New Student/Parent Meeting!
7. Hawaii Performance Tour Meeting - Thank you to everyone who came to our last tour meeting this past Wednesday! We went through rules/guidelines, the final itinerary, and other important information for the trip. The files from the meeting have been posted in the Hawaii section on the website. Thank you to Dee Dee and the Hawaii Committee for their hard work in making this an amazing and unforgettable performance trip!
8. Hawaii Car Wash - Thank you to all the students and parents who helped make Saturday's car wash a success! We raised over $600 towards the Hawaii fund that will help with renting instruments and checked luggage fees for instruments/equipment.
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band - arrive early & continue reading new music :)
No Hawaii Rehearsal
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band
6:00 p.m. Senior Awards Night
No Jazz Band
6:30 p.m. New Student/Parent Information Meeting!
20 Days Until Hawaii!
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Hawaii Band Rehearsal
6:44 a.m. Last Jazz Band Rehearsal