2. Hooray for Hollywood Student Help - We need your help to make today's event successful! Please double-check what you volunteered for. Please let Mr. Loney know if you are also able to help serve food, sell raffle tickets, run the "shout out" table, or take photos. If you did not buy a ticket and are not in the Jazz Band, please bring $5 if you would like to eat at the dance.
3:00PM Loading up at Gahr
4:30PM Set up starts
5:30PM Shift 1 starts
6:00PM Doors open
7:00PM Shift 2 starts
8:30PM Shift 3 starts
10:00PM Clean up starts
3. Percussion Workshops - Thank you to all the students who came to Percussion Workshops over the last two weeks! Unfortunately there are a limited number of drums in the battery and we had lot of talented musicians to choose from. An initial battery line has been set and posted on www.gahrband.org. If you did not make the battery, we will definitely have a spot for you in the front ensemble or winds sections.
4. The Area Concert is this Wednesday, May 23rd at 7PM in the Gahr High School Gym! This is fun evening with performances from our feeder elementary schools, Ross, Haskell, Tetzlaff, and Gahr. The Gahr Combined Band will be performing music from Avengers and Star Wars! Admission is free, but bring extra cash because we'll have food, merch, and our Disneyland raffle and drawing! Students will have rehearsals on Monday 5/21 and Tuesday 5/22 from 3-5:30PM to prepare for the concert. Call time on Wednesday 5/22 is 5:45PM in all black concert attire.
5. The Cerritos College Honor Band Concert is on Thursday, May 24th at 7PM at the Cerritos College Theater! Admission is free (parking is $2). This will be a fantastic concert and will feature guest conductor Frank Ticheli. Dr. Betancourt will also be premiering his few piece, "Hope Rising," dedicated to the 17 individuals who lost their lives at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. They are expecting the theater to be at capacity, so arrive early and support our students representing Gahr!
6. On Saturday, June 30th, a large group will be carpooling to see drum corps LIVE at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena! If you like watching marching bands, this will blow you away!! Group tickets are just $20/person. Please get your money to Mr. Loney ASAP or pay online.
7. Our End-of-Year "Concert in the Quad" is Thursday evening, May 31st! We'll have food starting at 5:30PM and the concert starts at 6:30PM. Come out for some great, live music from the Jazz Band, Concert Band, and Wind Ensemble. The concert will be located outdoors in the 2nd quad on the Gahr High School campus. We will have some chairs set up, but please feel free to bring your own lawn chairs and blankets. STUDENTS: We will have our final Wind Ensemble rehearsal on Tuesday, May 29th and our last Combined Band rehearsal on Wednesday, May 30th.
8. The Combined Band will be doing a special performance on Wednesday, May 30th at 7:30AM at the Gahr High School staff meeting! Call time will be 6:45AM to set up and sound check in the MPR.
9. Color Guard Workshops run Tuesday-Thursday, May 29-31st from 3-5:30PM. Students will receive basic training and we will be setting our 2018 Color Guard. No experience is required, so bring a friend to check it out!
10. Our annual Awards Banquet is Sunday, June 3rd at 1:00PM at the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts! We’re celebrating another incredible year for the Gahr High School Instrumental Music Program! The banquet is $25 per person and includes a catered lunch. RSVPs and money are due no later than Tuesday, May 29th in the drop box OR you can RSVP online. Thank you!
11. Athletic Clearance Packets were due last week to Dulce Caldwell in the front office. If you have not completed your physical exam and packet, please get this done ASAP so you are put into the correct courses.
12. Seniors - Please turn in $25 to Mr. Loney for your graduation stole if you haven't yet. These will be embroidered and given out at the Awards Banquet.
13. Congratulations to the Gahr High School Jazz Band on taking 1st place at the RCC Jazz Festival in the HS Intermediate Division! The Jazz Band also took 1st place in the Sight Reading competition. You can catch them today at our “Hooray for Hollywood” Dinner & Dance!