INSTAGRAM - Follow us @gahrband
FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/gahrband
REMIND - Text "@gahrband" to the number 81010
WEBSITE - www.gahrband.org
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKET DUE 6/21
The Athletic Clearance Packet was due yesterday, June 21st. If you did not get a packet, see Dulce Caldwell in the Gahr High School front office during normal school business hours 8AM-2PM, Monday-Friday. As part of the clearance, students must get a physical exam. Dulce leaves for summer break soon, and if you do not turn in a packet, you will not be enrolled in the correct classes.
BAND CAMP NEWSLETTER
Please make sure you've read through the summer Band Camp Newsletter. This contains important information so you can be successful. All students MUST attend summer band camp to be admitted into the field show for the fall semester. We perform before the school year starts, and it is very difficult to catch up after missing 100 hours of instruction! In order to pay for our summer instructors and field show materials, there is a $150 Band Camp Deposit that was due Thursday, June 20th. We are unable to run the Band Camp without these funds. If you have difficulty making this donation, please speak to Mr. Loney ASAP.
- 2019 Band Camp Newsletter
- ABCUSD Consent to Participate
- Parent Volunteer Form
- Booster Membership Form
- Authorization to Photograph
- Sign Up for Remind
UPDATED PARAMOUNT PARADE INFO (FOR VETS & ALUMNI ONLY)
Saturday 6/22 (today)
8:30AM Band Room open
9AM-12PM Parade Rehearsal (marching focus)
12-1PM Lunch - bring $5 for pizza
1-3:30PM Music Rehearsal (concert music focus)
3:30-4PM Load equipment in uhaul
Hydrate tonight and go to bed early!
8:45AM Call time in parking lot behind "Botanica Mexicana" & "Bank of America" - 7904 Alondra Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723
9:00AM Unload uhaul ASAP / warm up
10:00AM Parade part 1
11:00AM Break (drinks/snacks provided)
12:00PM Parade part 2
1:00PM Lunch on own (bring money for fast-food)
2:00PM Set up for concert
3:30PM Clean up / Load
4:00PM Dismissal (help needed back at school to unload equipment)
ATTIRE: “Gahr Band” polo shirt, black dress pants, long black socks, and marching shoes.
BRING: Money for lunch during free time, instrument, flip-folder, lyre, concert music.
CALL TIME IS 8:59AM. Meet in the parking lot on Alondra & Colorado behind “Botanica Mexicana” - 7904 Alondra Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723. Carpool directly to this event. We will be one block from the Hynes D.E.S. Hall - 7812 Alondra Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723.
SAVE THE DATE: The 5th Annual Gahr Invitational Field Tournament is on Saturday, October 12, 2019! We will be hosting our own marching band tournament and need all hands on deck for this to be successful. Please plan on being available to help!
TWO GREAT WAYS TO RAISE MONEY
- Field Show Program Ads - Earn 90% of the profit from all field show ad sales. The ad prices range from $25 to $175. Many local businesses are looking for ways to advertise to the community. Some parents have already sold over four ads for next year's program!
- Student Sponsorship Letter - 100% of the money sponsorships goes directly to your student account. These take a few hours to complete and mail out, but the return on investment is HUGE if you can make $400-500! This is a great way your family and loved ones can help support.
DRUM CORPS AT THE ROSE BOWL 6/29
Thank you to everyone who bought tickets for Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl next Saturday June 29th! If you like watching marching bands, this will blow you away! Please meet Mr. Loney in the Gahr High School parking lot on Saturday 6/29 at 2PM to pick up your tickets. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CARPOOL.
ADDRESS: Rose Bowl Stadium - 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103
PARKING: Cost of parking for Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl is $10 per vehicle
MORE INFO: https://www.dci.org/events/drum-corps-at-the-rose-bowl
2:00 Pick up pre-sale tickets from Mr. Loney at Gahr High School
2:30 Rose Bowl Parking Lots Open
3:00 Stadium and Marketplace Open
4:45 Welcome & National Anthem
4:55 PM Vessel - Long Beach, CA
5:10 PM Incognito - Garden Grove, CA
5:25 PM Impulse - Buena Park, CA
5:40 PM Watchmen - Riverside, CA
5:55 PM Golden Empire - Bakersfield, CA
6:10 PM Gold - San Diego, CA
6:25 PM Intermission
6:55 PM Genesis - Austin, TX
7:13 PM Troopers - Casper, WY
7:31 PM The Academy - Tempe, AZ
7:49 PM Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
8:07 PM Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA
8:25 PM Blue Knights - Denver, CO
8:43 PM The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
9:01 PM Blue Devils - Concord, CA
9:19 PM Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA
9:37 PM Encore
9:55 PM Scores Announced
HAWAII SEND-OFF CONCERT & BBQ 6/30
We are having a Send-Off Concert and BBQ on Sunday, June 30th at 2:00PM at the outdoor Rally Platform! Hear the band perform the music they'll be playing in Hawaii. Just $5 gets you a Hawaiian burger/cheeseburger, macaroni salad, and drink. We'll also have spam musubi and Hawaiian shaved ice for an additional cost. Please turn in the attached RSVP form by Thursday, June 27th to help us get a head-count. Thanks!
- Make sure you've turned in your completed Athletic Clearance Packet to Dulce in the front office.
- Get your band camp gear: 1-gallon water jug, sunscreen, athletic clothing and shoes, hat (no visors), black 3-ring binder with sheet protectors.
- Make your first payment of $150.00 to “Gahr Band Boosters” in the drop box in the Band Room, or mail it to: 11111 Artesia Blvd., Cerritos 90703, or you can also make a payment online: https://www.gahrband.org/store/p43/Marching_Band_Deposit.html
- Practice your warm ups and field show music. The summer is also a great time to start taking private music lessons to get ahead!