Thank you to all the parents who came to last Wednesday's parent meeting last Wednesday. We went over a lot of important information for the year's program and Gahr Field Tournament and are happy to have you on board. We would also like to thank all the parents who helped this week with check-in and donating and serving lunches! We are so fortunate to have the best group of booster parents!
- Band Camp rehearsal starts at 7:59 a.m. Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable. Please arrive 15-20 minutes early so we can start on time. All students must hydrate and eat breakfast before they arrive.
- Because of the large number of students, ensemble placements for woodwinds and brass will take place this week beginning on Tuesday. Students will be asked to play through warm ups, show music, and sight-reading. This assessment will help place students in the ensemble appropriate for his/her skill level. It will also serve as the audition for the 2015-16 Gahr High School Jazz Band.
- Gahr High School Registration is this Wednesday (8/19) at 6:45 a.m. DO NOT BE LATE. We will meet in the Band Room at 6:40 a.m., then walk into the MPR as a group. Ignore your normal registration day/time by grade level. STUDENTS: Have $25 for your ASB Card and $50 for the Transportation Fee. Make sure you dress nicely because they will be taking your yearbook photo.
- After registration on Wednesday morning, the winds, battery, and front ensemble will be sized for uniforms in the Band Room. Make sure a parent checks your uniform for size and adjustments. Color Guard will be sized AFTER lunch. We have one rehearsal block for Band AND Color Guard from 1-5 p.m.
- Section Dress Up Day is this Friday (8/21) AFTER lunch! You may change during lunch and we will start at 1:00 p.m. The staff will be judging and picking the section that dressed up the best :) Color Guard is staying after lunch approximately 30 minutes for Dress Up Day, but does not have a 2nd rehearsal block.
CAR WASH THIS SATURDAY!
Our Car Wash is this Saturday (8/22) from 8AM-2PM in the small office parking lot at the front of Gahr High School. Cars are $6 and larger vehicles/SUVs are $8. Students signed up for shifts and received 5 car wash tickets to sell and earn money for their account. See Mr. Loney you need more tickets to sell.
STUDENTS: Eat and hydrate before you arrive. You will get wet - so wear swim trunks and be careful with cell phones. Please bring old towels!! Make sure you're on time to set up and so the previous shift can be relieved.
BAND CAMP SNEAK PREVIEW & BBQ RSVPs DUE 8/25
Come celebrate the end of an amazing Band Camp at our Gahr Marching Gladiator Sneak Preview Concert & BBQ! Just $5 per person includes a hamburger or cheeseburger, potato salad, baked beans, and drink. Dinner begins at 5:30 p.m. and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. at the GHS Spirit Stage (the outdoor stage in the quad with a Gladiator mural).
MARCHING BAND ORDER FORM
If you are a new student or need a replacement apparel item, please fill out this order form and pay with cash, check, or credit card no later than Tuesday, September 1, 2015. You may also use this form to order additional t-shirts, polos, hoodies, and jackets for friends and family. Winds, Battery, and Front Ensemble members are required to have a Gahr Marching Gladiators Hoodie, embroidered Gahr Band Polo Shirt, and black Marching Band Shoes. All Color Guard members are required to have the embroidered Color Guard Jacket. All students will receive a 2015 Field Show T-Shirt (included in the Band Camp Donation).