This Wednesday, May 20th is the Gahr Area Concert at 7:00 p.m. in the Gahr HS Gym! The Area Concert is where the surrounding elementary and middle schools join us to showcase music in our district! Admission is free - but there is a $5 suggested donation per family that goes towards supporting music in ABCUSD. STUDENTS: We have a 5:29PM Call Time in the Band Room wearing all black concert attire.
END-OF-YEAR CONCERT NEXT THURSDAY 5/28!
Our End-of-Year Band Concert is next Thursday, May 28th at 7:00 p.m. in the Gahr HS MPR! We'll be playing all your favorite patriotic, movie, and pops hits including music for our upcoming Hawaii Performance Tour! Admission is just $7/adults, $5/students.
1. Thank you to everyone who participated in this Saturday's Zumbathon!! Special thanks to Rocio Guzman for doing a great job as always!
2. All students going to Hawaii will need the following three pieces of attire:
- “Gahr Band” black, embroidered polo shirt - to wear for performances
- Hawaii performance tour t-shirt - to wear on travel days
- Khaki shorts - to wear for performances
4. OUTSTANDING DONATIONS - We are unable to pay our staff and bills without these funds. In addition to purchasing a Gahr ASB Card, all students should have turned in a $25 transportation fee to Gahr High School ASB. Students will not be able to go to grad night, prom, or graduate without meeting these obligations.
5. HAWAII PERFORMANCE TOUR MEETING 6/3 - We have a mandatory Hawaii Tour Meeting on Wednesday, June 3rd at 7:00 p.m. in the Band Room. Please make sure all travelers have the correct photo ID. The last payment to MusicAmerica is due Wednesday, May 27th. UPDATED PHONE NUMBER: If you have any questions about your account balance please call MusicAmerica at (434) 284-9787 and ask for Gaby. You can also make payments over the phone with a credit card. For more info visit www.gahrband.org/hawaii or feel free to contact our Band Booster President, Dee Dee Varney, email@example.com or at (562) 413-3068.
6. HAWAII CAR WASH & PANCAKE BREAKFAST - We are having a Car Wash to raise money for the Hawaii Performance Tour on Saturday, June 6th from 8AM - 2PM! All students going to Hawaii must work a car wash shift. Tickets will be available tomorrow from Mr. Loney to raise money for your account.
7. Please join us Sunday, May 31st at 1:30 p.m. for our annual Awards Banquet at Cerritos Park East! We’re celebrating an incredible year for the Gahr High School Instrumental Music Program! BANQUET RSVPs AND MONEY WERE DUE LAST WEEK. REMINDERS: This event is RSVP only - NO WALK UPS. All students must be full caught up with donations and financial obligations to attend the banquet.
8. ALL ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKETS WERE DUE LAST FRIDAY 5/16. Students are not allowed to participate or enroll in marching band without completing a packet. Please let Mr. Loney know if you have any questions.
This Week’s Schedule:
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band - continue working on songs for End-of-Year Concert
3:00-5:30 p.m. Concert Band Rehearsal (all winds + percussion). STUDENTS NOT AT THIS FINAL REHEARSAL WILL NOT PERFORM ON WEDNESDAY AND WILL RECEIVE A ZERO.
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band
3:00-4:15 p.m. Concert Band Run-through
No Zero Period Jazz Band
6th period - Set up percussion / electronics / sound system
5:29 p.m. Call time in Band Room wearing all black concert attire*
5:30 p.m. Warm up in Band Room / Walk to Gym / Set Up
6:15 p.m. Run combined piece with HMS & RMS / Sound check
6:45 p.m. Standing by
7:00 p.m. Gahr Area Concert!
8:30 p.m. Approximate end time / Everyone helps clean up
9:00 p.m. Dismissal / Pick up
*Students that do not have the correct attire WILL NOT PERFORM and will receive a ZERO for the performance. No exceptions. (i.e. skirt above or at the knees, white socks, tennis shoes, short sleeve shirt, black jeans…)
No Jazz Band or rehearsal after school. Make sure you’re working on the pieces we will be adding for next week’s End-of-Year Concert.
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band
3:00 p.m. Leadership Interviews for 2015 Gahr Marching Gladiators!
These after school rehearsals are the only opportunity we have to combine all performers in the ensembles. Attendance is mandatory. Let Mr. Loney know immediately if you have a conflict.