BAND CAMP FOR ALL BATTERY, ALL FRONT ENSEMBLE, ALL COLOR GUARD, AND ALL INCOMING FRESHMEN WIND PLAYERS STARTS TOMORROW, MONDAY, JULY 29TH. If you are 11th or 12th grade wind player, we would appreciate your help next week to help out the freshmen! Band Camp Registration starts at 7:45AM in the Gahr High School Band Room (102). PLEASE PRINT THE FORMS BELOW IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THEM, FILL THEM OUT, AND TURN IN YOUR DEPOSIT OF $150 IF YOU HAVEN'T YET. Checks are always made payable to "Gahr Band Boosters." You may also pay online through the our website. Band Camp FOR EVERYONE (including 10th, 11th, and 12th grade wind players) is August 5th-21st.
Band Camp is MANDATORY to be admitted into the field show for the fall semester. We perform shortly BEFORE the school year starts, and it is very difficult to catch up after missing over 100+ hours of instruction.
Students must bring a 1-gallon water jug and wear athletic clothes, athletic/tennis shoes (no sandals or converse), sunscreen, and a hat. These are non-negotiable items and student without these will be sent home for health & safety reasons. Eat a good breakfast every morning and arrive early. Bring $5 to receive lunch from the boosters each day (or pay for all lunches in advance). We will be requesting donation items for lunches, and your student will receive a free lunch for your contribution. There are not a lot of fast-food options near Gahr, so we recommend you purchase a lunch or bring your own sack lunch.
USE TODAY TO PREPARE:
- Play through your warm ups, stand tunes, and field show music.
- Go outside and get used to the heat! Go for a jog, ride your bike, or go to the pool.
- HYDRATE!! Remember to hydrate 24 hours BEFORE rehearsal. During Band Camp you should be going through a 1-gallon water jug every 4 hour block.
- Go to bed early and set your alarm and wake up early so you can get used to the Band Camp schedule.
- Eat breakfast! If you don't put gas in the car it won't run! Give yourself time each morning to eat so you aren't rushed.
MANDATORY STUDENT/PARENT MEETING WEDNESDAY 7/31
We have a Mandatory Meeting for ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS on Wednesday, July 31st at 6PM in the Gahr HS MPR. We will have a pizza party from 5-6PM so students will not need to leave after rehearsal. You will receive the Band Handbook, meet this year's booster board, and receive important information for competitions, football games, fundraisers, the Gahr Invitational Field Tournament! We're gearing up for an awesome year and cannot do it without your help. Thank you in advance for supporting your child in what they love to do!
PARENTS - GET YOUR 2019 FIELD SHOW SHIRT EARLY!
If you have your Booster Membership form filled out with $25/parent, we will have your 2019 field show t-shirt available to pick up at the Band Camp Concert on Wednesday, August 21st. Wear your shirt to get into the football games to help out with concessions and the field show.
POPCORNOPOLIS ORDERS & MONEY DUE MONDAY 8/19
We will be kicking off our Popcornopolis fundraiser at Wednesday's meeting! All Popcornopolis orders and money are due on Monday, August 19th. ALL STUDENTS MUST SELL A MINIMUM OF 8 BAGS (OR TURN IN $35 PROFIT). The profit from all bags sold thereafter go to student accounts. Please make checks payable to "Gahr Band Boosters." As a bonus, the student who sells the most bags will win a $50 Visa Gift Card! Popcornopolis orders will be available to pick up from the Band Room on Friday, September 6th after school and you will need to be distributed to the people you sold to.
Have you sold any program ads or sent out sponsorship letters?? This is a great time to raise funds for your fall donations and Hawaii before we get busy with school. It may take a few hours, but you can easily raise $1,000 or more by selling ads and mailing out sponsorship letters!
- Field Show Program Ads - Earn 90% of the profit from all field show ad sales. The ad prices range from $25 to $175. Many local businesses are looking for ways to advertise to the community. Some parents have already sold over four ads for next year's program!
- Student Sponsorship Letter - 100% of the money sponsorships goes directly to your student account. These take a few hours to complete and mail out, but the return on investment is HUGE if you can make $400-500! This is a great way your family and loved ones can help support.
STAY IN CONTACT
In addition to email, the Gahr Instrumental Music Program uses Remind, Facebook, and our website as primary ways to stay informed.
INSTAGRAM - Follow us @gahrband
FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/gahrband
REMIND - Text "@gahrband" to the number 81010
WEBSITE - www.gahrband.org