BAND CAMP FOR FRESHMEN WINDS, ALL BATTERY, AND ALL FRONT ENSEMBLE (NO COLOR GUARD) STARTS THIS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1ST! Band Camp Registration starts at 7:45AM in the Gahr High School Band Room (102). PLEASE PRINT THE FORMS BELOW IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THEM, FILL THEM OUT, AND HAVE YOUR DEPOSIT OF $150 READY SO REGISTRATION CAN GO SMOOTHLY. Checks are always made payable to "Gahr Band Boosters." You may also pay online through the our website. If you are an upperclassmen wind player, we would appreciate your help with morning visual block this week August 1-3 from 8:30AM-12PM. THANK YOU!
Band Camp FOR EVERYONE (including Color Guard) starts next Monday, August 6th. This is for all sections and grade levels - winds, battery, front ensemble, and color guard. Band Camp is MANDATORY for ALL STUDENTS in the Gahr Instrumental Music Program and to be admitted into the field show for the fall semester. We perform shortly after the school year starts, and it is very difficult to catch up after missing 100 hours of instruction.
Students must bring a 1-gallon water jug and wear athletic clothes, athletic/tennis shoes (no sandals or converse), sunscreen, and a hat. These are non-negotiable items and student without these will be sent home for health & safety reasons. Eat a good breakfast every morning and arrive early. Bring $5 to receive lunch from the boosters each day (or pay for all lunches in advance). We will be requesting donation items for lunches and your student will receive a free lunch for your contribution. There are not a lot of fast-food options near Gahr, so we recommend you purchase a lunch or bring your own sack lunch.
USE TOMORROW TO PREPARE:
- Play through your warm ups, stand tunes, and field show music. There is updated sheet music and MP3s posted on the website: www.gahrband.org/music-downloads. We will be having wind placements at the end of the 2nd week of Band Camp to determine which ensemble you will be in for the entire year. We will also be audition for solos for the field show. This is based on technical and musical ability, TONE QUALITY, improvement, and attitude. **We will be learning the show IN ORDER this year with a goal of Movement 1 & 2 for the Band Camp Concert**
- Go outside and get used to the heat! Go for a jog, ride your bike, or go to the pool.
- HYDRATE. Remember to hydrate 24 hours BEFORE rehearsal. During Band Camp you should be going through a 1-gallon water jug every 4 hour block.
- Go to bed early and set your alarm and wake up early so you can get used to the Band Camp schedule.
- Eat breakfast and lunch. If you don't put gas in the car it won't run! Give yourself time each morning to eat so you aren't rushed.
- Finish summer assignments & reading so you don't have to worry about them during Band Camp.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING TUESDAY 8/7
We have a Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting on Tuesday, August 7th at 6:00PM in the Gahr HS MPR. Parents will receive the Band Handbook, meet this year's booster board, and receive important information for competitions, football games, fundraisers, the Gahr Invitational Field Tournament, and our upcoming trip to Hawaii! We will have a representative from World Strides to go through the Hawaii trip and answer any questions you have. Thank you in advance for supporting your student in what they love to do.
PARENTS - GET YOUR 2018 FIELD SHOW SHIRT EARLY!
If you have your Booster Membership form filled out with $25/parent, we will have your 2018 field show t-shirt available to pick up at the Band Camp Concert on Wednesday, August 22nd. You can wear your shirt to get into the football games to help out with concessions and the field show.
FIELD SHOW PROGRAM ADS
This year 100% of the profit from field show ads goes to your student account! The ad prices range from $25 to $175. Many local businesses are looking for ways to advertise to the community. Some students have already sold over 5 ads! Pick up a copy of last year's program from Mr. Loney at Band Camp and download the ad form here. This is a great way to raise money for your band donations or for the Hawaii trip!
STAY IN CONTACT
In addition to email, the Gahr Instrumental Music Program uses Remind, Facebook, and our website as primary ways to stay informed.
- Sign up for Remind text messages! Text “@gahrband” to the number “81010”
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gahrband
- Bookmark our website: www.gahrband.org
We're very excited about this year's production and are gearing up for an awesome Band Camp!