STUDENTS: After school rehearsals are the only opportunity we have to combine all performers in the ensembles. We have a very short amount of time to put everything together and attendance is mandatory. Use the schedule below to stay organized for the week.
The Gahr Instrumental Music Program had a busy week of events and performances...
- Thank you to everyone who came to Wednesday's Area Concert!! Congratulations on a great performance to the combined elementary band, Haskell Middle School, Ross Middle School, and Gahr High School! Thank you to all the parents who helped run the concessions and the entrance table, and also to the parents and students who stayed to clean up.
- On Thursday, the Color Guard carpooled to Ross Middle School at lunch to recruit and perform! Special thanks to all the parents who helped transport the students for the afternoon.
- Thank you to all the families that supported the program by eating at Chick-fil-a and Chipotle!
- Also on Thursday we had the inaugural performance of the Cerritos College High School Honor Band! Congratulations to the students from Gahr who participated - Itza Arenas, Robert Walker, Matt Sanruk, Gerardo Escuita, Aristotle Georgopolous, and Pablo Castro. Way to go!!
- Great job Color Guard and Jazz Band performing at Friday's Pep Rally!!
- Thank you to all the students who interviewed on Friday for leadership positions! This will be a very strong team that will lead the 2016 Gahr Marching Gladiators and we look forward to announcing the results at the End-of-Year Awards Banquet this coming Sunday, June 5th!
- Lastly, we ended the week with Saturday's Glow-in-the-Dark Zumba!! Thank you to everyone who came and helped sell tickets, and special thanks to Rocio Guzman for doing an awesome job running the class!
UPCOMING EVENTS & IMPORTANT DATES
5/31-6/2 Color Guard Workshops from 4-6PM
6/1 Last Booster Meeting @ 6:30PM / BANQUET RSVPs DUE - CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS!
6/2 End-of-Year Concert @ 7PM in Gahr HS MPR - CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS!
6/5 End-of-Year Awards Banquet @ 1:30PM in the Gahr HS Gym
6/8 New Student/Parent Info Meeting @ 6:30PM in the Band Room (703)
6/9 Field Show Reading Session 3-5PM
6/13 Jazz Band Performance for Dr. Zietlow Celebration @ 12:30PM in MPR
6/17 Jazz Band Fun Run Rehearsal 9AM-12PM
6/18 Jazz Band Performance @ ABC Fun Run!! 6:15AM Call Time @ Los Cerritos Mall
6/20 New Leadership Meeting 9AM-4PM
6/21 Wind & Percussion Workshops 5-8PM - Day 1
6/23 Wind & Percussion Workshops 5-8PM - Day 2
1. OUTSTANDING DONATIONS
It is critical that all outstanding donations are submitted ASAP. We are unable to pay our instructors and bills without your contribution. Communicate with Mr. Loney if you have any issues with your financial obligation or need fundraisers. All donations must be turned in to walk at graduation or to be a part of the 2016-17 Gahr Marching Gladiators.
2. ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKETS
All students must complete an Athletic Clearance Packet available from Dulce Caldwell in the front office of the school. As part of the clearance, students must get a physical exam (available for $10 from the walk-in clinic across from Gahr HS that usually takes only 5-10 minutes). Athletic Clearance Packets were due Friday, May 13th. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ENROLLED IN MARCHING BAND, RECEIVE PE CREDIT, OR BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IF THIS IS NOT TURNED IN.
3. COLOR GUARD WORKSHOPS THIS WEEK!
This week we have Color Guard Workshops Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4-6PM in the Band Room (703). This is for all current members and new students! No experience is required so bring a friend! On Thursday we will have an Ice Cream Social after rehearsal :)
This Wednesday, June 1st is our last Booster Meeting of the year at 6:30PM in the Band Room! We need your help to plan the End-of-Year Concert, Awards Banquet, next week's New Student/Parent Info Meeting, upcoming fundraising, and the Las Vegas marching band trip! See you there!!
5. END-OF-YEAR CONCERT THIS THURSDAY 6/2
Our End-of-Year Band Concert is this Thursday, June 2nd at 7PM in the Gahr High School MPR! We'll be playing all your favorite movie, TV show, and pops hits including music from legendary film composer John Williams! Admission is just $7/adults and $5/students. CLICK HERE TO BUY PRE-SALE TICKETS! We are asking each family to bring a dessert/snack item for a bake sale. We will be offering these in the MPR during intermission for a suggested donation. Thank you!!
Please join us Sunday, June 5th at 1:30 p.m. in the Gahr High School Gym for our annual Awards Banquet! We’re celebrating an incredible year for the Gahr High School Instrumental Music Program! The banquet is just $15 per person, which helps cover a catered lunch and the cost for awards. Turn your banquet RSVP and money into the Band Room Drop Box OR CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
REMINDERS: BANQUET RSVPs ARE DUE WEDNESDAY JUNE 1ST. This event is RSVP only - NO WALK UPS. All students must be fully caught up with donations and financial obligations to attend the banquet.
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band - Run Concert tunes
3:00-5:00 p.m. Last Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
4:00-6:00 p.m. Color Guard Workshops!
BANQUET RSVPs & MONEY DUE IN DROP BOX.
No Jazz Band
3:00-5:00 p.m. Last Combined Band Rehearsal
4:00-6:00 p.m. Color Guard Workshops!
6:30 p.m. Last Booster Meeting! All parents encouraged to attend!
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band - run-through in MPR
2:45-4:00 p.m. Combined Band and Wind Ensemble run-through in MPR
4:00-6:00 p.m. Color Guard Workshops and Ice Cream Social!
6:29 p.m. Student Call Time in Band Room.
6:45 p.m. Doors open
7:00 p.m. End-of-Year Concert in MPR! $7/adults, $5/students.
*Students that do not have the correct attire WILL NOT PERFORM and will receive a ZERO for the performance. No exceptions. (i.e. skirt above or at the knees, white socks, tennis shoes, short sleeve shirt, black jeans…)
No Jazz Band
Organize equipment. Clean Band Room. Homework time.
11:00 a.m. Set up time in gym for banquet
1:30 p.m. End-of-Year Awards Banquet!
$15/person by RSVP only - NO WALK UPS. Dress nicely!
After the banquet we will need help to clean up because of Senior Awards Night the following week. Thank you!