1. ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE. All students must complete an Athletic Clearance Packet available from Dulce Caldwell in the front office of the school. As part of the clearance, students must get a physical exam (available for $10 from the walk-in clinic across from Gahr HS that usually takes only 5-10 minutes). Athletic Clearance Packets were due Friday, May 13th. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ENROLLED IN MARCHING BAND, RECEIVE PE CREDIT, OR BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IF THIS IS NOT TURNED IN.
2. Congratulations to the Winter Drumline on an outstanding performance this past Saturday at the Tustin HS ADLA show! The Drumline took 2nd place in the Scholastic A division. Thank you for the support from our boosters! We have a Saturday rehearsal from 9AM-1PM and our next competition this Sunday, April 2nd at Colony HS. Click below for the itinerary:
3. Winter Guard has two performances this week - The "Genesis Send-Off Show" this Friday at John Glenn HS and the Valencia HS WGASC Show this Saturday. Click below for the itineraries:
4. ALL WINTER GUARD AND WINTER DRUMLINE MEMBERS SHOULD BE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL PAYMENTS. The final $125 was due last Thursday. This is critical for us to be able to pay our instructional staff for their work. If you do not know your current balance, please email our Treasurer, Charyl Mendiola or Co-President, Dee Dee Varney. Checks are made payable to "Gahr Band Boosters" or you can pay online.
5. Wind Ensemble will be performing next Tuesday, April 4th at the SCSBOA Festival at Redondo Union High School! Our last rehearsal is this Friday and we will have a clinic with Dr. Whitmore on Monday, April 3rd. Please plan ahead that the day of festival we will be meeting after 4th period to travel to Redondo Union High School. Bring money for lunch and dinner.
SAVE THE DATE -- OUR "MARDI GRAS DINNER & DANCE" IS SATURDAY, MAY 13TH AT 6PM!
This will be an evening of dinner, dancing, and fun - set in New Orleans on Mardi Gras! Buy raffle tickets for your chance to win fantastic gift baskets!! Tickets are just $25/person. We are asking each family to sell a minimum of two tickets. Click here to buy tickets now!
8. OUTSTANDING FUNDRAISERS - It is time to follow-up and wrap up the ongoing fundraisers we have in circulation right now. These are Crunch Fitness, Carl’s Jr. Coupon Books, and Community Discount Cards. Please contact Vice-President, Leah Walker, if you are not sure if you have fulfilled your obligation with any of these fundraisers. Thank you!
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKETS AVAILABLE!
6:44AM Jazz Band
6th-4PM Battery rehearsal
3:00-5:00PM Concert Band rehearsal - Winds Only
5:00-8:30PM Winter Guard rehearsal
6:44AM Jazz Band
5:00-8:00PM Winter Drumline rehearsal
No Jazz Band
6th-4:30PM Front Ensemble rehearsal
3:00-6:00PM Winter Guard rehearsal
6:30PM Mardi Gras Taste Test!
6:44AM Jazz Band
6th-4PM Winter Guard rehearsal / sectional
6th-5PM Winter Drumline rehearsal
6:44AM Jazz Band - Run set for Millikan Festival
3:00-5:30PM Wind Ensemble - last rehearsal (Whispers, Ride, sight-reading)
WINTER GUARD - GENESIS SEND-OFF PERFORMANCE @ JOHN GLENN HS
9:00AM-1:00PM Winter Drumline rehearsal
Winter Guard - Valencia HS - 4PM CALL TIME
Winter Drumline - Colony HS
6:45AM CALL TIME TO LOAD EQUIPMENT & CHANGE INTO UNIFORM
3/31 Winter Guard "Genesis Send-Off" Show @ John Glenn HS
4/1 Winter Guard at Valencia HS (WGASC)
4/2 Winter Drumline at Colony HS (SCPA)
4/3 Wind Ensemble Clinic with Dr. Whitmore
4/4 Redondo Union SCSBOA Festival - Wind Ensemble
4/5 Millikan Jazz Showcase - Jazz Band
4/8 Winter Drumline at SCPA Semi-Finals
Winter Guard at Mayfair HS (WGASC)
4/15 Winter Drumline SCPA Finals (not guaranteed)
Winter Guard at Arcadia HS (WGASC)
4/22 Winter Guard at WGASC Championships
5/10 Jazz Band @ ABCUSD Employee Breakfast
Gahr Area Concert @ 6:30PM in Gym!
5/13 Jazz Band at RCC Jazz Festival
Mardi Gras Dinner and Dance!
5/25 Cerritos College Honor Band Concert!
6/1 End-of-Year BBQ & Concert!
6/4 Awards Banquet!