- Drum majors and student leadership attended Pacific Crest Leadership Camp
- Drum Corps @ the Rose Bowl with a group of over 100 from Gahr HS
- Stan Kenton Legacy Orchestra at Whitney High School
- Hosted 6th annual Middle School Band Night!
- Hosted 4th annual Gahr Invitational Field Tournament - largest and most successful yet!
- Mission Viejo Field Tournament (WBA)
- 2nd Place in Division 4A
- Caption awards for "High Auxiliary" and "High General Effect"
- Colony Field Tournament (CSBC)
- 1st Place in Division 5A
- Overall Tournament Sweepstakes
- Bands of America Southern California Regional
- "Superior" rating in BOA Prelims
- 2nd place and the High Visual caption award in Class AAA in BOA Prelims
- Advanced to Bands of America Regional Finals, placing 8th out of all bands
- California State Band Championship 5A Semi-Finals (CSBC)
- 1st Place with a score of 92.850
- 1st Place Visual Performance, Music Effect, Visual Effect, and Auxiliary
- California State Band Championship 5A Finals (CSBC)
- Division 5A Champions with a score of 93.600
- 1st Place in All Captions
- 6th consecutive year winning division finals
- California State Band Grand Championships (CSBC)
- California State Band Grand Champions with a score of 95.550
- 5th consecutive year winning California State Band Championships
- Performed in Disneyland Community Arts Showcase!
- Performed Holiday Band Concert for a packed house at the Whitney High School Theater
- 6th California State Band Championship recognized by the ABC Unified School District, the City of Cerritos, and the City of Artesia
- 34 students representing Gahr in the 2019 ABCUSD Honor Band (over 70%) with Dr. Dustin Barr!
WINTER DRUMLINE THIS SATURDAY @ DAMIEN HS!
Our first Winter Drumline show is THIS SATURDAY, February 2nd at Damien High School (2280 Damien Ave, La Verne, CA 91750). STUDENTS: Call time is 8:00AM for rehearsal. Attire for this performance will be jeans, black t-shirt, and black Sketcher's shoes. ALL PARENTS ARE EXPECTED TO HELP WITH EQUIPMENT AND CARPOOL STUDENTS. DO NOT ASSUME YOUR STUDENT HAS A RIDE. In addition to helping with the front ensemble equipment, this year the drumline will be using scaffolding as well as an obelisk prop. The obelisk requires at least six parents to assemble and disassemble in the gym.
WINTER DRUMLINE SHOE UPDATE - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE ORDERED SHOES ASAP FOR SATURDAY'S COMPETITION! Front Ensemble has option to wear black marching band shoes.
MEN'S SHOES: https://www.zappos.com/p/skechers-performance-go-walk-max-54601/product/9007965
WOMEN'S SHOES: You can get this equivalent shoe instead if you haven't ordered yet in WOMEN'S sizes - https://www.zappos.com/p/skechers-performance-gowalk-joy-paradise/product/9010841
WINTER DRUMLINE PAYMENT #2
The 2nd Donation of $200 was due last Friday for all members of the Winter Drumline. We cannot pay for our staff, registration fees, production costs, and costumes without your donation. Please talk to Mr. Loney or Mrs. Varney if you have any issues with your financial obligation. Thank you.
WINTER GUARD PAYMENT #2
The 2nd Donation of $150 was due last Friday for all members of the Winter Guard. We cannot pay for our staff, registration fees, production costs, and costumes without your donation. Please talk to Mr. Loney or Mrs. Varney if you have any issues with your financial obligation. Thank you.
HONOR BAND UPDATE
Great job with the Honor Band sectionals and thank you for being prepared. Make sure you practice and review your music this week. Our first rehearsal is next Tuesday, February 5th from 6:30-9:00PM at Whitney High School.
COLOR GUARD PANCAKE BREAKFAST!
The Color Guard will be hosting a Pancake Breakfast and performance on Saturday, February 9th from 9AM-11AM. We will be asking all guard members to bring donation items OR a cash donation of $15 (preferred). Tickets are just $5 per person and include pancakes, sausage, orange juice, or coffee. Color Guard students can sell tickets and 100% of the profit goes to individual accounts.
6:30AM Jazz Band
6th-4:00PM Winter Guard rehearsal
6:00-9:00PM Winter Drumline rehearsal
6:30AM Jazz Band
3:00-4:30PM Symphonic Band rehearsal - "Last Full Measure"
4:30-6:00PM Wind Ensemble rehearsal - "Symphonic Movement"
No Jazz Band
5:00-8:00PM Winter Drumline Rehearsal
6:30AM Jazz Band
2:00-6:00PM Winter Drumline
5:00-9:00PM Winter Guard
6:30AM Jazz Band
TAKE INSTRUMENTS HOME TO PRACTICE OVER THE WEEKEND.
WINTER DRUMLINE @ DAMIEN HIGH SCHOOL (SCPA)
Hydrate and eat a good breakfast before you arrive. Bring money for lunch AND dinner.
MORE INFO: https://sc-pa.org/comps/lineup/59
ATTIRE: jeans, black t-shirt, and black Sketcher's shoes (or black marching shoes for pit)
7:30AM Band Room open
8:00AM Rehearsal starts
11:00AM Load - EVERYONE HELPS
12:00PM Pizza lunch (bring $5)
12:45PM Carpool to Damien HS (2280 Damien Ave, La Verne, CA 91750). ALL PARENTS EXPECTED TO HELP WITH EQUIPMENT AND CARPOOL STUDENTS. DO NOT ASSUME YOUR STUDENT HAS A RIDE.
1:55PM Unload (we are not allowed to unload before this time).
2:30PM Warm Up
3:30PM Push to gym - PARENT HELP NEEDED FOR PROPS! In addition to helping with the front ensemble equipment, this year the drumline will be using scaffolding as well as an obelisk prop. The obelisk requires at least six parents to assemble and disassemble in the gym.
4:30PM Load equipment - EVERYONE HELPS
5:00PM Watch other groups. Please remember you are representing your school at all times. We are a class act on and off the floor.
6:00PM Watch Open and World class groups, eat dinner at concessions (bring money). Groups of 4+.
9:00PM Open and World Awards
9:30PM Carpool back to Gahr HS
10:15PM Arrive at Gahr HS, EVERYONE HELPS UNLOAD