All students should have turned in the Band Camp paperwork and $125 Band Camp Deposit. We cannot pay our instructional staff without your donation. Please make checks payable to "Gahr Band Boosters." You can also pay online through the website.
All rehearsals begin promptly each morning in the Gahr High School Band Room (703). Students must wear athletic clothes, athletic/tennis shoes (no sandals or converse), sunscreen, a hat, and bring a 1-gallon water jug. For health and safety reasons, students without these items will be sent home. Eat a good breakfast and arrive 15-20 minutes early each day to check-in. Bring $5 to receive lunch from the boosters, or pay in advance for the entire week. You may also bring your own sack lunch.
CAR WASH THIS SATURDAY!
The marching band will be having a Car Wash is this Saturday (8/20) from 9AM-2PM at Gahr High School. Cars are $6 and larger vehicles/SUVs are $8. Students may sell tickets and all proceeds go towards individual accounts. Car wash money and unsold tickets are due in the Drop Box by Friday 8/19. STUDENTS: All students sign up and must work one shift for the Car Wash. Hydrate, eat before you arrive, and bring old towels!
BAND CAMP SNEAK PREVIEW CONCERT!
Come celebrate the end of Band Camp at our Gahr Marching Gladiator Sneak Preview Concert & BBQ Just $5 per person includes BBQ chicken, potato salad, rolls, dessert, and a drink. Dinner begins at 5:30 p.m. and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. at the GHS Spirit Stage (the outdoor stage in the quad with a Gladiator mural). RSVPs and money are due by Monday, August 22nd. Click here to RSVP online.
"DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP" WORKSHOP FRI 8/26
We are excited to be offering the "Dynamics of Leadership" workshop on Friday, August 26th from 8AM-12PM. This is an intensive, 4-hour course that provides leadership training to students in the competitive marching arts. Due to class-size limitations, we are only able to offer this to next year's JUNIORS and SENIORS only. We are asking for $25 from all JUNIORS and SENIORS to help cover the cost of the clinician and class. Thank you.
2016 FIELD SHOW PRODUCTION
The Gahr Marching Gladiators are proud to present our 2016 field show production, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." Click here to see a video trailer for the show!
LAS VEGAS PERFORMANCE TRIP!
This exciting performance trip is just a few months away! PARENTS: Even though the weekend includes fun activities such as Blue Man Group and dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, please keep in mind that this trip is important because all the students will be performing at an adjudicated marching band competition. For more information or to make a payment, please go to www.gahrband.org/vegas.
USE THE WEEKEND TO PREPARE:
- Play through your warm ups & field show music. We will be having wind placements at the end of the 2nd week of Band Camp to determine which ensemble you will be in for the entire year. This is based on technical and musical ability, improvement, and attitude.
- Go outside and get used to the heat. Go for a jog, ride your bike, or catch some Pokemon!
- HYDRATE. Remember to drink water/gatorade 24 hours BEFORE. During Band Camp you should be going through a 1-gallon water jug every 4 hour block.
- Go to bed early and wake up early so you can get used to the Band Camp schedule.
- You MUST eat breakfast and lunch. If you don't put gas in the car it won't run! Give yourself time each morning to eat so you aren't rushed.
- Finish any summer assignments & reading this weekend so you don't have to worry about it.
We're very excited about this year's production and are gearing up for a great Band Camp! Have a great weekend and see you on Monday.