1. Make a list of all the people you know who might sponsor you. Include family, parents' friends, and teachers. Don't forget vendors, e.g. local restaurant, orthodontist, Target, Rotary.
2. Download and print copies of the Sponsorship Letter & Donor Form. Visit your local Target, Walmart, or Sam's Club and print out wallet-sized photos of yourself in uniform with your instrument/equipment.
3. Call each person to let them know you'll be traveling with the award-winning Gahr band to perform in Hawaii in July! Talk it up, big time! Say to each person: "I'm looking for sponsors to help me pay approximately $1,800 for this educational and life-changing performance trip. I'd like to send a letter telling you more information about the experience and asking for your help.”
4. Send the letter and photo to each prospective sponsor.
5. After a week, call to confirm they've received the letter and to see if they have questions.
Getting sponsors DOES take some work, but if you spend 2-3 hours and make a few hundred dollars (or more!), that's a great financial return!