1. All members of Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, and Jazz Band need to have all black attire for our upcoming holiday concert. Please see below and let Mr. Loney know if you have any questions.
2. All winds and percussion will be playing a stand-still (music only) performance of our 2014 California State Grand Championship field show this Wednesday morning at the Gahr High School Staff Meeting in the MPR! Call time is 6:45 a.m. wearing your hoodie and jeans. Do not be late! This is an awesome opportunity to perform for the supportive teachers and administration at Gahr! We will set up and do a run-through in the MPR the last 30 minutes of Tuesday night's parade rehearsal.
3. The next Hawaii Payment of $290 is due THIS Friday, December 5th directly to MusicAmerica. Please visit the Hawaii section on our website for more information. This is going to be an exciting and life-changing performance opportunity and trip! DON'T MISS OUT!!
4. STUDENTS: Make sure you have "Christmas Parade Sequence" MEMORIZED for Monday. Play through and learn all your notes and rhythms for our Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, and Jazz Band music. We have a lot to do in a very short amount of time!
5. The Jazz Band will be performing for Gahr teacher Mayor Canales on Monday, December 8th around 7PM. Details will be announced ASAP. We will not have Jazz Band the following morning, Tuesday (12/9).
BELMONT SHORE AND DISNEYLAND PARADE!
Parade rehearsals are mandatory to participate in the Belmont Shore Parade (12/6) and Disneyland Community Arts Showcase Parade (12/12). Students must also have passing grades in all classes to go on the Disneyland trip Friday, December 12th. We have a very short amount of time to put the parade together, so show up prepared with your music memorized. Front Ensemble members will be assigned equipment. If you also play a wind instrument, bring it on Monday!
ALL BLACK CONCERT/FESTIVAL ATTIRE
Concert attire is all black. Black, long sleeve, button-up, collared dress shirt. Black slacks (no jeans or stripes). Black belt for pants. Black dress shoes and socks. Girls have the option of wearing an all black dress that goes past the knees. Black school concert dresses are available. Girls wear dress shoes (i.e. no sneakers or flip-flops). Students that do not have the correct attire will not be allowed to perform at concerts and will not receive credit. For the holiday concert you have the option to wear a festive hat (Santa, antlers, etc.).
JAZZ BAND CONCERT/FESTIVAL ATTIRE
Jazz Band also wears all black. Both guys and girls wear black slacks (dress pants) and a black, button-up, collared dress shirt. All members of the Jazz Band must purchase a solid, shiny necktie available from Mr. Loney for $10.
HAWAII BAND TRIP!
The next Hawaii payment of $290 is due THIS Friday, October 3rd. Please send all Hawaii payments DIRECTLY to MusicAmerica. Pay online at MusicAmericaEvents.com, by phone (800) 553-4723 ext. 133, or by mail: 218 West Water Street, Suite 400, Charlottesville, VA 22902. Make sure you've turned in the Registration Form & Optional Travel Insurance along with the $50 deposit. If you have any specific questions about the trip, please contact Dean McDowell at email@example.com.
WEAR YOUR GOLD MEDAL AND FIELD SHOW T-SHIRT TO SCHOOL!
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band - "Big Band Holiday" (show up prepared)
6th Period - Parade assignments / Work on "Christmas Parade Sequence"
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Parade Rehearsal Sectionals (everyone)
- Winds (Christmas Parade Sequence memorized)
- Battery / Cymbals (Christmas Parade Sequence memorized)
- Color Guard / Banner / Tall flags
SEE'S CANDY ORDERS AND MONEY DUE!
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band - Finish "Big Band Holiday" & Run "I'll Be Home"
2:45 p.m. Get your homework done and eat.
Tape center file dots for parade block
5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Parade Rehearsal (everyone) - WEAR WARM CLOTHES
- 5:00 - 5:45 p.m. Basics (everyone 8 to 5 step-size)
- 5:45 - 6:30 p.m. Sectionals (music / auxiliary + banner)
- 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Full parade block outside (play in place / move & play)
- 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. Front Ensemble set up in MPR for field show performance
- 8:00 - 8:25 p.m. Run field show music in MPR (for teacher performance)
Leave front ensemble equipment set up in MPR for the next morning.
FULL MARCHING BAND PERFORMANCE FOR STAFF MEETING!
6:44 a.m. Marching Band Call Time in MPR - WEAR HOODIES + jeans
6:45 a.m. Set up in MPR / Warm up / Sound check
7:30 a.m. Performance in MPR for teachers - standstill of field show
8:15 a.m. Put away equipment
BREAK - Finish putting away equipment
MEMORIZATION TEST IN CLASS ON PARADE MARCH
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Winter Guard 1st Rehearsal
3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Winter Drumline Workshop #1
6:30 p.m. Monthly Parent Booster Meeting - Meetings are informative, efficient, and friendly!
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Parade Rehearsal (everyone)
HAWAII PAYMENT DUE - $290 (payable directly to MusicAmerica)
6:44 a.m. Jazz Band
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Winter Guard 2nd Rehearsal
3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Winter Drumline Workshop #2
BELMONT SHORE PARADE!
12:00 p.m. Band Room open - Eat lunch before you arrive
12:25 p.m. Call time in Band Room
12:30 p.m. Parade Rehearsal (wear shorts / t-shirt / hat / bring water)
2:30 p.m. Load equipment / Change to half uniform (bring jacket in uniform bag on bus)
2:45 p.m. Load busses
3:00 p.m. Depart for Belmont Shore in Long Beach (2nd Street & Quincy Ave.)
3:30 p.m. Unload instruments & equipment / Bring folded uniform jacket
4:00 p.m. Stack instruments, equipment, and folded uniform jackets
4:15 p.m. Pizza! / Use restroom
4:45 p.m. Change to full uniform / Set up
5:00 p.m. Lined up in staging area / Warm up
5:30 p.m. Run parade stand-still
6:00 p.m. Parade starts!
6:30 p.m. Approximate step off (we are #16)
7:15 p.m. Finish route / Walk back to busses
7:45 p.m. Load equipment / busses
8:15 p.m. Return to Gahr
8:45 p.m. Unload equipment / change
9:15 p.m. Approximate Dismissal